I have been cooking many dishes with immune boosting foods because of Coronavirus...
It is important to wash your hands 1 minute (Japanese gov recommends us!) and gargle very often, but I eat a lot of vegetables, proteins, and whole grains.
Today's recipe is skillet chicken & mushrooms with green scallion sauce.
I have used Nuvo Olive Oil's fused olive oil (Meyer lemon, Garlic, Serrano pepper) for the scallion sauce, but if you don't have it, please find the ingredients in the recipe.
Skillet chicken & mushroom with green scallion sauce
Serving : 3
Organic Chicken Thighs 1 lb
Soy sauce or tamari shoyu 1 Tablespoon
Olive oil 1 Tablespoon for marinade + 1 Tablespoon or more for sauté
Mushrooms 6~8, cut into four pieces
~Green scallion sauce~
Green scallion 3, chopped
Olive oil 4 Tablespoons
* If you don't have Nuvo's olive oil, you can add these ingredients below:
Chopped garlic 1 teaspoon
Cayenne peppers 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1-2 teaspoons
- Combine green scallion sauce ingredients in a container and soak for about one hour in a refrigerator.
1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken thighs, soy sauce, and olive oil and marinate for 15 minutes or longer.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken thighs and marinade sauce into the pan.
3. Saute on the first side for 5~6 minutes. Flip the chicken and add mushrooms, turn the heat down to medium heat and cook with a lid for 14-15 minutes. Stir mushrooms every 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped scallions over the chicken. Cover the chicken with the lid and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.