This is my first time to make a cherry cheesecake.
I used cherry compote but you can use fresh or frozen cherries.
The cheesecake is gluten-free because I used gluten-free graham crackers and didn't use flour for cheese filling. Also I used less sugar.
Easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Gluten-free & low sugar cherry cheesecake
6-inch round springform pan
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower-middle position.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Line a size cake pan with parchment paper.
Gluten-free graham cracker 55g
Unsalted butter 25g
Organic pure cane sugar 45-55g
Cream cheese 230g
Sour cream 75g
Cherries 1 cup
1. Make the crust. Put the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse them into crumbs. Pour into a bowl and stir in melted butter until combined. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
2. Make the filling. Beat the eggs and sugar until combined. Add the cream cheese and sour cream and mix well until smooth and creamy. Pour a half of filling into the pan and spread 1/4 cup of cherries. Pour the rest of the filling into the pan.
3. Boil a pot of water and pour 1 inch of water in a roasting pan for the water bath. Place the pan inside of the roasting pan and bake the cheese cake for 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and spread the cherries on the top. Bake it again for 40 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and water bath, then cool cheesecake at room temperature. Move to refrigerator and chill for overnight.