Roasted Carrots with Japanese soy sauce and cumin 🥕🧡🥕🧡
When I marinated carrots with olive oil and soy sauce, I got an idea to add cumin powder. It came out pretty good 🧡 Cumin helps promote digestion and increases the release of bile from the liver. Bile acids digest and fat-soluble vitamins.
- Carrots 320g (11 oz)
- Sea salt 1/8 teaspoon
- Olive oil 2 Tablespoons
- Japanese soy sauce or tamari shoyu for gluten-free 1 Tablespoon
- a pinch of salt
- black pepper - cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (190℃).
2. Trim the top of the carrot. Cut in half the smaller parts and quarter the largest parts. Mix the carrot with salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix olive oil, soy sauce, black pepper, and cumin powder. Add the carrot and marinade for 5-10minutes.
4. Tip everything onto large baking pan and roasted for 20 minutes.