Enjoy my favorite shiitake mushroom recipe and vegan cream sauce!
Vegan cream sauce
Vegetable stock or Kombu kelp dashi stock 200ml
Soy milk or almond milk 250ml
Flour 1/4 cup (35g)
Miso (barley or rice) 2 teaspoons
Sautéed shiitake mushrooms
Shiitake mushrooms 15 or sliced shiitake mushrooms 4~5 cups
Olive oil 3 Tablespoons
Scallions, chopped 1 cup
Salt and black pepper
For serving : White rice, brown rice, or multi grains rice
1. Wipe dirt off the shiitake mushrooms with a paper towel or a cloth. Remove bottom of the stems and slice about 1/4 inch thick. Chopped scallions.
2. In a large bowl, combine vegetable or kombu kelp stock, soy or almond milk, flour, miso and black pepper and mix well. Move the cream ingredient into a pot. Heat the pot over a medium heat and mix until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and add shiitake mushrooms. Sautéed the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes and salt and pepper. When the mushrooms let off moisture, add scallions and cook for 20-30 seconds.
4. Add the cream sauce (2) into the mushrooms (3) and cook, stirring for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve the mushroom sauce with rice and garnish with scallions if you like.