Daikon Radish is my daily vegetable and is a super vegetable to keep you healthy.
Daikon leaves : vitamin A, C, E, potassium and calcium.
Daikon (white part) : enzyme called diastase and phytochemical called isothiocyanates.
Diastase helps improve digestion and relieve heartburn. Also daikon cure your hangovers!
Isothiocyanates in daikon (more in grated daikon) are peppery and pungent qualities. It helps to control blood pressure, blood circulation and anti-inflammation effect.
I usually use daikon for Japanese dishes but made daikon and tomato marinated salad tonight.
This salad is very easy and healthy.
🍅Daikon Radish & Tomato Marinated Salad🍅
<Ingredients : 2 servings>
- 4 cm or 200g daikon radish
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice * You can use any vinegars instead of lemon juice.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
1. Cut daikon thin stripes.
2. Sprinkle salt on a daikon and gently massage. Set aside for about 5 minutes until daikon gets soft.
3. Slice tomato into 1 inch size.
4. Mix daikon radish and tomato together in a bowl, and pour lemon juice and olive oil.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper.