Season for strawberries!
I made strawberry tofu cheesecake for this month's recipe on Naturopathy (magazine).
・Press the tofu to remove enough water for at least 30 minutes.
- Fold a dishcloth in half and Place the folded cloth on the cutting board, then place the block of tofu on the the cloth. place
another cloth top of the block of tofu and place another cutting board, bowl, or plate top of the block of tofu. If you need,
place the bowl or another cutting board on top of the top layer of paper towels. You can use paper towels instead of the
・Preheat oven to 350F
- whole wheat flour 1 cup
- a pinch of salt
- raw honey 3 Tbsp
- olive oil 4 Tbsp
- unsweetened almond milk 2 tsp if the dough is dry.
<Strawberry tofu cheese filing>
- soft tofu 450g
- brown rice amazake (or regular amazake)
*traditional sweet drink made from fermented rice.
- a pinch of salt
- tahini or olive oil 1 Tbsp
- strawberries 1 cup
- kudzu (arrowroot) 30g
- squeeze lemon juice 2 Tbsp
- finely grated lemon zest 1 tsp
- strawberry 1 cup
- raw honey 1 Tbsp
- 5-6 strawberries for topping
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the honey and olive oil. Pour into the flour and mix it well. If the dough is dry, add almond milk to smooth the dough.
3. Press the dough into the bottom of a cake pan and bake 15 minutes.
4. Wash and hull strawberries . Add strawberries to a food processor and blend until smooth.Mix kudzu and whisk until dissolved. Pour it in a pot.
5. Blend tofu, amazake, tahini (or olive oil) and salt in a food processor until smooth.
6. Add tofu filling in a strawberry and kudzu puree in a pot.
7. Turn heat to medium and whisk constantly until mixture comes to a slow boil and thickens.
8. Take off heat and add lemon juice and lemon zest.
9. Pour into the baked crust (5) and let chill for more than 2 hours in a refrigerator.
10. Make strawberry sauce : wash and hull strawberries . Add strawberries to a food processor and pour honey over the strawberries. Blend until smooth. Serve with the strawberry tofu cheesecake.