I baked an apple cake again!
I had a nutrition lecture and baked the cake for audiences 🍎
This time I added rum raisins : soaked raisins in rum from a trip in Dominican Republic ;)
I used this grass-fed butter 🐄
and organic apples.
<Ingredients : 8-inch round cake pan. about 10 servings>
- 1/ 1/2 cup (12 ounces) Grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup rum raisins
- 3 cups organic all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Soak raisins in rum at least 30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease with the bottom and sides of the cake pan with the butter. Core and slice apples. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix until frothy. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon to blend. Add apples and raisins and mix until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Tap cake pan several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles from cake batter. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, serve warm with ice cream.
I have been trying different types of ice cream brands. My friend got one this time : Van Leeuwen Ice Cream