Happy Rosh Hashanah 🍎🍯
This year I used both fresh apples and apples soaked in honey for a few days.
Soaked apples became sweeter and help keep the cake moist :)
I used honeycrisp and granny smith apples.
It is an easy honey apple cake recipe. Enjoy!
🍎🍯Honey Apple Cake🍎🍯
<Ingredients : 8-inch round cake pan. about 10 servings>
Soaked apples in honey:
- 2 middle size apples
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) raw organic honey
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup organic canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey (I used 1/4 cup raw organic honey + 1/4 cup Mieli Thun Natural Honey
- 2 large apples
- Apples soaked in honey
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Cut apples into thin - pieces ⇩
Mix apples with honey and soak them for a few days at least one day.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease with the bottom and sides of the cake pan with canola oil. Cut apples into pieces (or shredded) .
2. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs until frothy. Add sugar, oil and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add and blend honey and fresh apples and apples soaked in honey.
3. In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add the dry ingredients (3) into the liquid ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon to blend.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Tap cake pan several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles from cake batter. Bake for 80 minutes until the cake is deep golden on top and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let it stand for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan and remove the cake from the bottom. Let the cake stand right side up on a wire rack to cool.
*Store covered the room temperature cake in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 1 week and in the freezer up to a month.