Gluten-free soda bread cake
Serving : 1 cake pan (9-inch)
Brown rice flour 3.5 cup
Coconut flour 1/2 cup
Coconut sugar 3 Tablespoons (or pure cane sugar)
Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
Kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon
Cold unsalted butter, cubed 1/3 cup
Cold butter milk, shaken 1 3/4 cups
Extra-large egg 1
Dried raisins or currants 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease a pan with butter or line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine brown rice flour, coconut flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the butter and use your clean fingers or fork to work the butter into the flour. until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Combine the raisins and mix into the dough.
5. Pour butter milk and egg into the flour mixture and mix until the dough starts to come together.
6. Place the dough in the cake pan and lightly cut each into 6-8 wedges.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cake has browned.
8. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking rack. Serve warm.