Hi! Have you heard of Japanese brown sugar "Kokuto"? Kokuto is 100% pure cane sugar and is originally from Okinawa prefecture in Japan. I always buy kokuto when I am in Japan but you can buy on Amazon ⇩. Kokuto is healthy and high in nutrients. I like to mix with vanilla ice cream, kinako (soy bean powder), jello, etc.....but tonight I craved kettle corn and made it with kokuto and ginger 🍿 Recipe is ⇩& Enjoy!
Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B6 (Pyridoxine) : energy booster.
Minerals : Calcium (mainly bone and teeth health), Iron (anemia, fatigue), Magnesium (energy, hormone balance, blood sugar and blood pressure control, brain health), Zinc (immune booster, hormone balance, infertility, heart health, cancer prevention)
Calorie is lower than white sugar.
Kokuto's calorie is 354kcal/100g, but white sugar is 384kcal/100g!
<Ingredients : 10 cup popcorns>
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup kokuto (Japanese brown sugar)
1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
1 tsp ginger powder
1. Mix sugar, ginger and kernels in a bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and 2-3 popcorn kernels to a large pot with a lid. Turn the heat to medium - high. When the first kernels pop, add sugar, ginger and kernels (1) and put the lid on the pot.
3. Shake the pot every 10 seconds until the popping noises slow. Remove the pot from the heat and pour the popcorn on the flat plate. Sprinkle the popcorn with salt.
* The whole cooking time is about 5 minutes with medium heat and 3 minutes with medium to high heat.
* You can keep in ziploc bag or an airtight glass container for 2-3 days.
<Instructions 1 ⇩>
<Instructions 2 ⇩>