I love chicken livers. They are delicious and are a nutrient - dense super food! They are high in vitamin B12, folate, and iron that are good for anemia. The livers are also high in vitamin A (please be careful to if you are pregnant - don't eat too much) and protein. My favorite nutrient, CoQ10 is also in the livers. Livers help boost the immune system. Especially this season, you need anti-coronavirus foods to protect your health.
* livers are considered as high cholesterol foods, but it is ok to enjoy liver dishes. But it is better to ask your health professionals how much you can consume livers at each time.
High antioxidant - spices in this recipe : curry, turmeric, and cumin to boost the immune system!
Please buy organic - grass-fed livers.
Curry Chicken Livers
Serving : 6-8
Organic chicken livers 510g
Garlic, chopped 1 teaspoon
Ginger, chopped 1 teaspoon
Onion middle size 1, chopped
Olive oil 2-3 Tablespoons
Curry powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric 1 teaspoon
1. Soak the chicken livers in cold water (ideally with ice cubes) for 10 minutes.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chopped onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions become golden brown for about 10 minutes.
3. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil and the livers and cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or more.
4. Mix curry powder, turmeric, and cumin with the liver and cook a few minutes. Serve with leafy greens (I like arugula with livers) and hummus on bread, chapati, naan, etc. I made whole wheat chapati.