Sauteed Maitake with tahini and miso dressing - and aonori seaweed flakes!
Maitake is superfood: high in vitamin D (very high!), Vitamin B6, fibers, beta-glucan, antioxidants, amino acids, potassium, and more.. 🍄
Maitake has anti-inflammatory and anticartinogenic effects. Other benefits are; balance blood sugar, boost immune system, control blood pressure and cholesterol, and help digestive health.
We must cook maitake mushrooms for food safety. Also vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin is absorbed better when consumed with fats or oils.
- Maitake 2 packs (200g)
- Olive oil 2 Tablespoons
- Sea salt 1/8 teaspoons
Tahini Miso Dressing:
- White miso (or any types) 2 teaspoons - Water 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Tahini 3 Tablespoons - Rice vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Aonori flakes as garnish
1. Place maitake in a colander under cool running water for 10-20 seconds and and gently pat dry using towel.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add Maitake season with salt.
3. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Store and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Make tahini miso dressing. I a bowl, dissolve miso with water. Add tahini and vinegar and mix well.
5. Serve maitake on a plate and drizzle the tahini miso dressing. Sprinkle aonori.