Enjoy my favorite shiitake mushroom recipe and vegan cream sauce!
Vegan Shiitake Miso Cream Rice Bowl
Vegan cream sauce
Vegetable stock or Kombu kelp dashi stock 200ml
Soy milk or almond milk 250ml
Flour 1/4 cup (35g)
Miso (barley or rice) 2 teaspoons
Sautéed shiitake mushrooms
Shiitake mushrooms 15 or sliced shiitake mushrooms 4~5 cups
Olive oil 3 Tablespoons
Scallions, chopped 1 cup
Salt and black pepper
For serving : White rice, brown rice, or multi grains rice
1. Wipe dirt off the shiitake mushrooms with a paper towel or a cloth. Remove bottom of the stems and slice about 1/4 inch thick. Chopped scallions.
2. In a large bowl, combine vegetable or kombu kelp stock, soy or almond milk, flour, miso and black pepper and mix well. Move the cream ingredient into a pot. Heat the pot over a medium heat and mix until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and add shiitake mushrooms. Sautéed the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes and salt and pepper. When the mushrooms let off moisture, add scallions and cook for 20-30 seconds.
4. Add the cream sauce (2) into the mushrooms (3) and cook, stirring for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve the mushroom sauce with rice and garnish with scallions if you like.