Japanese easy dessert recipe with my favorite black sesame paste :P
Matcha x Black sesame Bars
7' x 7' square pan
Black sesame filling
1 cup almonds
2 cups pitted dates
1/2 cup black sesame paste (or tahini)
1/4 cup almond milk
a pinch of salt
Matcha Banana filling
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
1/2 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1. Grease the pan with coconut oil. For black sesame filling: Place almonds in food processor and blend until finely ground. Transfer the almond flour to bowl and set asides. For banana filling: Place cashew nuts in the food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer the cashew nut flour to bowl and set asides.
2. Add the dates, black sesame paste, almond milk, and salt in the food processor and pulse to combine until smooth.
3. Add the almond powder back in to food processor and blend them until it combines well.
4. Add the bar mixture to the pan and then press down with spoon. Place in freezer for 15 minutes while making the banana filing.
5. Banana filling: Add banana, almond milk, and coconut oil in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the cashew nut flour and pulse until it combines. Transfer the banana filling to bowl. Add matcha powder and mix with a whisk.
6. Remove the black sesame filling from the fridge. Pour the banana filling over the black sesame fillings and place in the fridge for more than 4 hours.
7. Serve with or without matcha powder.