I have been asked about recipes with turmeric. Turmeric is very popular now and contains high antioxidants. This sorbet is very easy to make - vegan & gluten-free.
Vegan Turmeric Sorbet
Ingredients: A 9x5" loaf pan
Banana 3 (middle size)
Almond milk 400cc
Coconut oil 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder 2 teaspoons
Coconut sugar 3 Tablespoons
A pinch of salt
Toppings: cinnamon powder, nuts, maple syrup, or raw honey (if not vegan)
1. Puree all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
3. Freeze until cold, at least 2 hours before scooping. Serve your favorite toppings if desired.
- Use coconut milk, soy milk, oat milk instead of almond milk.
- Enjoy other flavors like cinnamon, matcha powder, or cocoa powder instead of turmeric.
- I like to use maple syrup as well instead of coconut sugar.