I used to make this “Healthy” Cheesecake very often when I was in 20's. I called it healthy because I use yogurt instead of heavy whipping cream. I stopped baking it after I moved to NY because I was trying cheesecake from different places in NY - I didn't have to bake it ;) Please check my favorite shops at the end of this blog. After enjoying the cheesecakes I missed my light cheesecake. I made it again!
Grease the 9-inch baking pan.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
12 Honey graham crackers
4 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
A pinch of salt
1 lb organic cream cheese (I used Organic Valley)
1 cup whole fat yogurt (I used Organic Valley)
3/4 cup cane sugar
3 organic eggs
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt.
1. Prepare crust. Pulse 12 graham crackers in a good processor (or crash them in a zipped bag with a rolling pin until fine crumbs).
2. Add 4 Tbsp melted unsalted butter and a pinch of salt. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
3. Prepare cheese filling. In a large bowl, mix 1 lb cream cheese and 1 cup whole fat yogurt. Gradually add 3/4 cup cane sugar and 3 eggs and beat until fluffy.
4. Add 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest, and 1/4 tsp salt.
5. Pour in filling into the pan and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
My Favorite Cheesecake Shops in New York
Two Little Red Hens (Upper East Side)
Mah Ze Dah (West Village)
Breads Bakery (Union Square)
Lady M Boutique
Eileen's Cheesecake (Nolita)
Veniero's Pastry (East Village)