If you have leftover wine, bake the cookies! You can taste wine slightly.
You need to prepare wine-soaked raisins at least 12 hours before making cookies. Combine 1 cup of raisins and 1 cup of red wine in a jar with a lid. Cover, gently shake and let the raisins soak at least 12 hours preferably overnight.
<Makes 15 cookies >
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Grease a baking pan with coconut oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup wine-soaked raisins, chopped
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoons red wine from soaked raisins
1. Combine whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add raisins and walnuts and toss to coat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, and wine. Mix well until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add flour mixture (1) to wet mixture (2), then mix until combined (no flour is visible).
4. Place the 2 inch-mound dough onto a baking pan. Leave several 1/2 inches of space around each cookies.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 - 18 minutes. Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack.
If you want to use:
Butter - stir until it is smooth and creamy. Use 1/2 cup.
Cow's milk, Soy milk, Oat milk, etc... same amounts - 1/4 cup.
No wine, soak raisins in warm water for 15 minutes and use the water (2 Tablespoons).