Amazake is fermented Japanese rice drink - very sweet but it is good for your GI!
This recipe is very easy to make with lots of fiber.
🍠Sweet Potato & Amazake Almond Orange Cake🍊
<Ingredients : 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan>
- Sweet potato medium size 1
- Raw almond 1 cup
- Squeezed orange juice 100ml
- Amazake 2 T
- Grass fed butter 70g
- Organic flour 1 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Orange medium size 1/2
- Raw honey 2 T
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Coat the loaf pan with butter or light olive oil. Or use baking sheet.
1. In medium size bowl, mash the steamed or baked sweet potato and mix with orange juice, and amazake.
2. Place almonds in the food processor and pulse 30 ~ 50 seconds. Feel free to stop earlier or continue longer. If you want to super fine almond flour, pulse 60 seconds or longer.
3. In another large size bowl, beat butter and add mashed sweet potato (with orange juice and amazake).
4. Add almond flour and organic flour into the sweet potato batter (3).
5. Slice the orange about 0.5cm and cut 1/4. Place the orange in the loaf pan and pour raw honey.
6. Spread into the sweet potato mixture (4) into the pan. Bake the cake for 30minutes. Cool in a pan for 10 -15 minutes and remove and cool the cake on a rack.