I write a recipe every month on Naturopathy (in Japanese) by Dr. Ozawa in California. A recipe for September is "Vegan Mushrooms Corn Cream Soup" 🍁🌽🍄🍁
Mushrooms boost/balance your immune system. They contains fibers (for good digestive system, control cholesterol etc), β-glugan (immune booster & anti-cancer effect), Vitamin B1, B2, and B6 - other Bs as well!, Folic acid (energy production and control metabolism, etc), Vitamin D (immune and bone health), Potassium (help reduce swelling, control blood pressure), Amino acids : Ornithine (muscle health, increase energy = help reduce fatigue, improve liver function, balance hormones, and improve sleep) and GABA (help reduce stress and promote relaxation).
It is very easy and tasty! I used shiitake mushrooms, shimeji mushrooms, and cremini mushrooms this time, but you can use your favorite mushrooms. I used unsweetened almond milk, but soy milk, hemp milk, oat milk, organic - grass fed whole milk are also good for this soup. I love corn soup so use it in this recipe, but you don't need to add corns but add extra milk and arrow roots or corn starch. Enjoy!
🍁🍄Vegan Mushrooms Corn Cream Soup🌽🍁
<Ingredients : 2 servings>
- Mushrooms (shiitake, shimeji, and cremini) 4 cups (cut into 1/4 inch thick slices) or 6 ounces before cut.
- 3 Tbsp ~ Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1.5 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup Corn cream (if you cannot find canned corn cream, you can use canned whole kernel corn and blend them until puree)
- Arrow root powder or corn starch 1 Tbsp + water 1 Tbsp
- Salt and black pepper
- Italian parsley as garnish
Clean mushrooms (do not wash them) by wiping them with a dry paper towel. Cut tough stems and shop the stems. Cut the mushroom caps 1/4-inch thick slices. Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in a pan and sautéed mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper and sautéed the mushrooms, until they are browned and tender.
1. Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot and add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook them until soft, about 8 minutes with medium heat.
2. Add the sautéed mushrooms into onion and garlic (1) and 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper. Sautéed over medium heat, about a few minutes. Add vegetable stock, unsweetened almond milk, and corn cream and cook them about 8 minutes.
3. Dissolve arrow roots or cornstarch in water. Add it to soup (2) and cook for 1 minute.
4. Serve hot and garnish the parsley.
Sautéed mushrooms ⇩ ⇩Mushrooms & onion and garlic
🍂🍄🍠🌰Enjoy Autumn 🍄🍠🌰🍂